- I need some documents translated urgently. Will this be possible?
- Please send us the document with your desired delivery date via the inquiry form. We will provide you with an estimate and the earliest possible delivery date at that time. We have around 100 linguists for different languages ready to assist you at any time.
- How may I request a quotation?
A quotation can be requested via the translation inquiry form free of charge.
As a general rule, to ensure that there are no missing or inconsistent translations, we request that our clients themselves prepare the text of the Japanese document to be translated. Please send us the document to be translated and the staff responsible will respond promptly.
- How do you decide your translation fees?
We have set standards for calculating the unit price (per page) based on the number of words. In order to make the translation more concise, we employ the “Japanese source text calculation method”.
【Standard number of characters for each language】
Asian languages such as Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc.: 400 characters
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and other European languages: 200 words
Calculations are based on the number of pages translated (the number of source words divided by the standard number of characters) x the unit price (the price per page).
* Additional charges may apply depending on the desired delivery date.
- Do you do quality checks?
- All of our linguists take the utmost care to ensure that we provide our customers with the best possible translations by due date. Our staff consists of professional linguists with a wealth of practical experience, and more than 80% of our clients return to use our services again. In addition to regular translator reviews, we also offer proofreading by native speakers and cross-checking services.
- Do you provide interpretation or video translation services?
- We currently do not provide interpretation or video translation services.
- Which is more common between the two types of Chinese: simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese?
- Simplified Chinese is simplified Chinese characters established by the People’s Republic of China’s character reform in the 1960s. It is mainly used in mainland China as well as areas where Mandarin is used, Singapore, etc. In Hong Kong and parts of the Guangzhou area where Cantonese is used, as well as in Taiwan and Macau, Traditional Chinese is commonly used. Simplified Chinese is more common in China today.
- Can you provide services in languages that are not listed on your website?
- We work with professional translators, reviewers and proofreaders from across the world in mutually beneficial partnerships. We look forward to receiving your inquiry with our vast network in Japan and abroad ready to assist you.
- What is the umi Project Event?
It is a CSR project that was launched on Marine Day in July 2009. We regularly hold events with themes such as food, drink and music in a homey atmosphere.
Since the occurrence of the Great East Japan Earthquake, we have consistently held events and activities to advocate for and donate to certified NPOs that engage in long-term reconstruction efforts, with the theme of “individual-based fundraising that we can contribute to while having fun”.
- Can you deliver in installments?
- Generally, we do not provide partial deliveries. When we do, our proofreaders may revise previously delivered documents at the time of final delivery. In such a situation, we will have to indicate where and how the corrections were made, requiring additional time and work. For clients who prefer speed over quality, who do not require after-sales services, or who are open to incurring additional costs, we may agree to deliver in installments after ensuring your understanding of the above.